Donor Database Specialist & Executive adjunct to CEO:
Donor Database Specialist & Executive adjunct to CEOThe Doorways OrganizationThe Doorways
Application DeadlineMay 20, 2022
College Degree Required?No
Job detailThe Opportunity
Are you looking for the right opportunity to leverage your broad administrative skills and practice to benefit thousands of individuals during their very real time of need? The Doorways is seeking a highly motivated and organized administrative professional to join their team as the Donor Database Specialist & Executive adjunct to the CEO. This full-time position reports directly to the CEO with a dotted line relationship to the Chief Philanthropy agent (CPO).
The position will work closely with the CPO to assure significant communication to donors about their giving and in the CPO’s function as Capital Campaign Director. This position also serves as the Board liaison, the database manager and is responsible for the execution of the donor stewardship and acexpertisement processes. The position also provides administrative support to the CEO and serves as a critical component of the upcoming capital campaign.
Established in 1984, The Doorways provides lodging and support to patients and families who travel to Richmond for critical medical needs. Since opening our doors we have served nearly 200,000 guests! Those who enter our doors find a healing, emotionally supportive environment in a place where community generosity and compassionate care come together.
What We Believe:
We believe in generosity. We believe in the simple truth that everyone needs help eventually.
We believe that it's our joy in life to improve the lives of others. We believe in the human spirit, the stubborn oh-yes-I-will determination that trumps any get-well-soon card. We believe in being there until we're not needed instead of leaving when we get tired. We are absolutely certain that we can love people we don't know. We regret that we have only one life to spend in the service of others. We believe life is meant to be shared. We refuse to turn anyone away. We are continually impressed by the people of Richmond. We think Southern hospitality is a universal life skill, not a regional curiosity. And when there's nothing more we can do, we'll do more. Give More. Love more. We are The Doorways. Between healing and home.
If this describes you and what you believe, we would love the chance to discuss the opportunity with you!
Job tasksThe Position
The Donor Database Specialist & Executive adjunct to the CEO has the following key Job responsibilities:
• Build significant rapport with the CEO and understand this person's day-to-day priorities, challenges and communication style.
• Proactively manage and maximize the schedule of the CEO by checking mail, reading and sending correspondence, drafting letters and presentations as well as initiating strategic communications.
• Communicate professionally, accurately, promptly and effectively with members of the public via email, telephone and in person.
• Provide critical support for the upcoming Capital Campaign.
Liaison with Board of Directors
• Build relationships with each Board member, provide needed information and assist in ensuring Board Engagement.
• Maintain accurate information on all Board members, including but not limited to rosters, biographical information and committee assignments.
• Prepare Board and Committee materials, ensuring accuracy of contents for Board meetings.
• Attend Board and Committee meetings and properly record, document, gain approval, preserve and distribute minutes.
Donor Database Management
• Serve as the database expert while remaining responsible for the internal processes and systems that support The Doorways' fundraising efforts. This includes maintaining and improving the Raiser's Edge (RE) NXT database, integrating additional lists and databases into RE and keeping all donor records up-to-date, accurate and secure.
• Contribute as a key driver for our Donor Stewardship Plan by managing the system that tracks all donor interactions, assigns tasks for staff and volunteers, and set reminders for staff and volunteers for donor follow-up.
• Develop segmented and analytical fundraising reports for development staff, predicting all significant information necessary in both input and output fields so that reports provide a complete picture of opportunities within the database.
• Research individuals and companies using publicly available information to draft research profiles.
• High school graduate with 5+ years administrative management at executive level practice required.
• broad practice using Blackbaud software strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated collaborative and professional work style.
• Demonstrated capability to be proactive and to anticipate needs.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills to include written and verbal communication as well as organizational skills.
• capability to manage and maintain sensitive and/or confidential information.
• Demonstrated project management skills to include the capability to multi-task, set and meet multiple deadlines and a strong capability to prioritize needs.
This position is accompanied by a competitive income and is eligible for full benefits including health and dental insurance, paid time off, and a retirement savings plan.
Please send a resume and cover letter with income requirements to the attention of Eric Wann at HR@warrenwhitney.com with ?The Doorways? in the subject line. For best consideration, resumes should be received by May 20, 2022.
The Doorways does not discriminate located on race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. The position will remain open until filled.
We understand that an expression of interest may be exploratory in nature. We take confidentiality seriously and will keep all information confidential until the final stage of the process.