Offer: Technical operations specialist:WBGO
Technical operations specialist Listing description
Job title : Technical Operations Specialist
Job location: WBGO JAZZ RADIO
Employment type: Part Time
income: $30 - $35 (per hour)
HR Contact: Jerrell Antley
Contact Email address: Jjantley@outlook.com
Reporting directly to the Chief Technology agent (CTO), the WBGO Technical Operations Specialist (TOP) assists with all aspects of technical operations, including installation, maintenance, updates, alignment and repair of typical broadcast and Information technology equipment, including but not limited to studio control room equipment, audio and computer networking equipment, STL & FM transmission systems.
functions and Responsibilities
• supervises and assist with the installation and maintenance of consoles, audio routers, digital audio systems, transmitters, antennas, control systems, remote equipment, etc.
• Maintains station operation through preventative and corrective maintenance.
• Install, configure, and maintain digital content delivery systems.
• Install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot AoIP systems.
• Configure workstations, computing equipment and necessary peripheral devices.
• Install and configure software and applications according to specifications.
• Maintain local area and wide area networks to optimize performance.
• Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
• Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new equipment
Knowledge & Abilities
• Knowledge of FCC rules & regulations pertaining to a broadcast facility.
• Thorough knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles.
• Maintaining various types of hardware and configurations for audio processing and reproduction; managing and maintaining high-powered RF systems, components, internal and external communication systems as well as safety requirements.
• Knowledge of IP codecs, and current AoIP technology.
• practice with broadcast automation and digital storage and playback systems.
• An in-depth knowledge of computer systems and networking applications.
• Perform basic component level troubleshooting of analog and digital electronics to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
• Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
• Develop prosperous at-work relationships with WBGO employees, affiliates, and business associates
• Function and participate in a team environment as well as independently, as directed by CTO
• Respond to work demands on short notice, including mornings, nights and weekends
• Lift 50 pounds, climb stairs and ladders
All new hires must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by the date of hire, subject to legally-mandated accommodations, unless otherwise exempt due to medical contraindications listed by the FDA or guidance by the CDC.
Associate or Technical degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or related field of study. SBE CBRE / CBT/ CBNT / CBNE a plus.
Minimum of three (3) years of radio broadcast engineering practice in a maintenance capacity. The application of computer software and hardware, various internet applications, networks and operating systems, as well as problem resolution.
At WBGO, our goal is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. Newark Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, discapability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Job Job location:
Newark, NJ United States
Job Job Category:
Friday, September 17, 2021
Hours Per Week:
Send Application Materials To:
WBGO JAZZ RADIO WEBSITE
Radio and Television